Thursday, November 17, 2011

20 weeks!!!! halfway!!

Halfway!! Horray!!! Im pretty excited to be halfway through the pregnancy! Although I really enjoy being pregnant, Im pretty excited to get to meet sweet little baby!!! which by the way if anyone missed...is a BOY!
We are really getting into the full swing of everything all at once. We finally found a house! Yay and we have been moving in and such this past week. We are so so excited. We have started getting all the baby stuff we had begun to collect and put in his new room, I cant wait for derek to start building the crib!!! Its going to be so nice! Then in 2 1/2 weeks we are having my baby shower, everyone decided to have an early one so that my grandma could make it! After that comes the holidays and ill be starting my third trimester before we start the new year! Its going to fly by fast I can already tell. Im sure ill be missing it before I know it. Especially my sleep! :)
This week the baby is swallowing amnioic fluid which is giving his little digestive track good practice.


This is the size of the baby from crown to rump. From crown to feet he should be somewhere around 10-12in. Little man was measuring 10in at my ultrasound two weeks ago so im betting he is on the higher side of that measurement!


Liked this picture, I know the baby is getting bigger and so is my belly, just crazy to think he is getting to be this big! Pretty exciting!!!! My belly size doesnt feel like it has changed much in the last couple weeks. Im not sure though, I will probably take another picture tomorrow since I was a slacker this week and skipped taking one. (Im running out of colored walls at work lol)

Im not sure if im this big or not, but many times I feel this big. Glad im not the only one obviously! I havent been craving any other types of foods and nothing has really changed. I havent really gained any weight still. Im still at the 5lb mark everytime I go to the doctor. The only new update is that this week I started taking progesterone shots which I will have to continue to have every week until Im 37 weeks. They are doing this as a precaution for preterm labor. Mainly since Jordan was born so early at 34 1/2 weeks and that I went into labor at 30 weeks. We are really trying to prevent a repeat of that. The shots are suppose to help prevent that or at least get me further along if he does come early. Guess ill have to get over my not liking shots and just deal. Although, I would like to whine that they have to give them to me in my upper butt cheek and they are super thick shots (nurse described it like cooking oil)...UGH So my butt will be sore for the remainder of the pregnancy. haha Oh well its for the best!

0 comments:

Post a Comment