Wednesday, December 14, 2011

24 Weeks!

        Im excited to be 24 weeks! It is pretty common practice that this week marks the first week of possible vitality!!! In other words if I were to have the baby now the hospital would try to save the baby and put him in the NICU(50% chance of survival), before this week most hospitals in the U.S. wont attempt to save the baby. Though I am on a mommy chat board thing, were we are all due the same month and there have been a few women who already gave birth. One was 23 weeks and they saved her daughter. Just depends on where you are. Plus since ill be 25 weeks tomorrow, I would be even more in the clear. Though I would be scared to death to have a baby that tiny too!! Most babies at this age are around a pound and half!
This picture more closely resembles my belly than the second one haha

Im still feeling great as usual, a little tired this week but that could just be from christmas shopping and cleaning or working too much. Hard to tell. I still have a pretty symptom free, boring-update pregnancy. I dont even really have any cravings I could list. The only thing that is not so fun is pelvic bone pain, but nothing the doctor can do about that, pretty much just have to suck it up! Im really excited to be done with christmas shopping! I love the holidays and Im really looking forward to it getting here!! Cant wait. It comes and goes pretty fast. Then its gone and over and Jan is pretty boring until Jordans bday party!! Luckily we have some pretty fun stuff to keep us excited through the winter!!


Im still stuck on the stinkin papaya!! Next week though I move to my next fruit size!!! whooo!

Thought I would add a couple pictures of babies that were born at 24 weeks and survived and are now healthy happy little babies! Unbelievable something so tiny could live!!! Still hard to believe that my baby probably looks something like this right now!! Really exciting!!

So tiny!!! Amazing!! Makes me a little more thankful for those pain in the butt (literally) progestrone shots I have done every week. They are to help keep this little guy in as long as possible since his big sister couldnt wait to get out early! Though let me tell you, they suck! Super thick and makes my butt sore for 2 or 3 days! Totally worth it though! only about 11 or 12 more shots to go! :) haha


 I finally got my laptop back, so I have all my pictures finally and I will have to do an extra post this week to update all the fun we have had in the past month or so!!! Pretty exciting!! Plus its getting to be about that time again to take some belly shots!!!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment